The first treatment of Laser Hair Removal is preceded by a dermatological consultation. Our qualified Clients will have a patch test, to determine the optimum treatment parameters for the skin phototype.
the treatment area must not be dry or irritated, if required, emollients (moisturising cream, exfoliating cream, soothing cream) should be used a few days earlier
day before the first procedure the treatment area must be shaved – a square of about 5cm should be left to evaluate the colour and thickness of the hair, this area will then be shaved by the person performing the treatment (blonde, grey or ginger hair is a contraindication to the procedure, due to the low effectiveness of laser depilation in these cases)
avoid aspirin and other blood thinners
the skin should not be tanned (suntan, self-tanner)
important – 24 hours before and after the procedure do not consume alcohol
- the skin should be clean – creams and lotions shouldn’t be used
- the skin is cleaned
The procedure does not require anaesthesia. The laser is most often felt as a minor stinging, burning or pinching, which may be increased when treatment is performed on more sensitive areas of the body. Slight redness occurs in the treatment areas. The person conducting the treatment makes sure the Patient is comfortable. Our Clients leave the procedure feeling satisfied and excited for the upcoming effects.
Complications after Laser Hair Removal occur occasionally and are
usually associated with non-compliance of the proceedings before and after the treatment.
- Rare Side Effects (permanent and temporary, lasting up to several weeks) – skin discoloration, scars and bruises,
- Frequent Side Effects (short term) – delicate burns, similar to sun burn (lasting up to 1 – 2 hours after the treatment), skin redness, swelling around the eyes (intensity and amount depends on the sensitivity of the place), blisters and scabs.
A natural symptom that may occur after the treatment is temporary swelling and/or redness of the treatment area.
- The skin should be treated gently for up to 2 – 3 days after the treatment:
– wash with soap free gel, tonic, non-alcoholic milk or clean water
– do not use deodorants or antiperspirants (if the depilation was on the armpits)
– use talcum powder, Bepanthen or Dermopanthen cream
– dry the skin gently, do not rub or irritate the skin in any other way
- For 2 weeks after the procedure it is forbidden to use exfoliating cosmetics.
- Sunbathing is forbidden for 4 weeks after the treatment; it is required to use creams with filter SPF +50 or above.